9/5/13

Back in the Groove

I'm feeling more like myself again.  The sickness is subsiding, and I even did a workout yesterday.  It was a bugger.  This workout has a story to it.  It is called the "Hotshots 19" memorial workout, in honor of the nineteen members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots firefighting team, who tragically lost their lives on June 30, 2013 while fighting a fire in Yarnell, AZ.

"Hotshots 19"

6 rounds for time of
30 squats
135 pound Powerclean, 19 reps
7 strict pullups
Run 400 meters

I was getting sideaches like crazy during this workout.  We had a 31 minute timecap for this workout.  At the end of the 31 minutes I had just finished my 5th round.  We were all rolling around on the floor like we were going to die when I noticed that Cal was still going.  I asked, "are you going to finish it?".  To which he said, "I have to.  I have to finish it!"

Well that kind of crap inspires me.  So I said, "Well if Cal is going to finish, then I'm sure as heck going to finish!"  And we all started working out again until everyone had finished the 6 rounds.

It was great to see Cal and Ron trade off on the powerclean bar, yelling to each other to "put out the fire".
I love when people keep pushing each other above and beyond what they think they can do.  That's the kind of stuff that makes all the difference in your life.

https://hotshots19.crossfit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment