8/12/13

Busy Day Off

I did a lot of stuff today.  For starters, I got up with Kaitlin.  She went to the gym and I hopped on the computer.  I was determined to get some artwork done, so I started cleaning off my computer desk so I could do just that, but it wasn't long before Sofi started screaming which woke Heather and she started crying, so I had to go get them and see what the big fuss was.  Well, Sofi had thrown up in her bed, so there goes the morning.  Luckily she didn't get any on herself, just on the bed.  We cleaned up that mess and everyone was up.  We had breakfast and I was still feeling motivated, so I cleaned the kitchen.  Kaitlin had of course returned from the workout and got cleaned up.  I guess she wanted the day off, because after her shower she just went back to bed.  I figured she needed the rest, so I got the girls ready and we were just about to leave to go rock hunting, when she came out and wanted to go with us, so the whole family went rock hunting.  We drove up by the "I" on the mountain and found some nice rocks.

Great view from up there.


We went a few other places too, and I gathered a bunch of river rocks for a project I have in mind.  I've been wanting to dig up the planter beds because they look terrible.  Then line them with some nice river rocks.  That's what we spent the afternoon doing after lunch is digging up the planter beds and lining them with the rocks we had gathered.  The girls were great help with this project.

By now it was getting too hot, so we all came in and took a nice nap.

After the nap I went out and washed the car, and then it was time to head to the gym.

Today's workout
4 rounds for time:
400M run
10 thrusters (95lbs)
15 pull ups

My time: 15:22

Not too shabby.  It was one of the faster times up on the board.  I did tear a callous on my finger though, which hurt.  I figure I might have done a little better if it weren't so hot and if I hadn't already done so much work today, but that's just making excuses.  Just work harder, that's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment