8/30/13

Sleepless Run

Well this morning I couldn't sleep.  I woke up at about 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep.  I was stressing about my 4-year-old daughter's soccer team of all things.  I'm coaching Sofi's team this season, and I've been bothered by a couple of things.  There are only enough girls for two teams to play, so it's the same girls playing each other each game.  The other coach has not made it to the first two games, and he won't be there for the third game either, because they'll be out of town on vacation.  I worry that because of this, the girls on his team aren't having a good time and won't want to continue playing.  Also, there is one girl on my team who is scoring tons of goals and nobody can stop her, which gets depressing for the other girls getting scored on constantly.  They get discouraged easily about it.  So I'm trying to find ways to help everyone have a fun time, and to balance out the play as much as possible.

Any suggestions?

Sofi, not being the most athletic, hasn't really gotten into the play much, so she's not having a great time either.  In the last game she just wanted to stand by me the whole time and say, "Me coach!".  She wanted to be the coach, and wouldn't play the game.

Well, because I was unable to sleep, I just got out of bed and went for a run.  I haven't been running lately, because my left knee has been bothering me when I do.  I have taken some time off to see if it will get better.  It doesn't hurt when I do a crossfit workout, just when I run.  After about a mile or two it starts to hurt.

Today it did pretty good.  I was able to go about 4 miles, and the pain was very minor, so I think it's getting better.  Maybe I can start to ease back into a little running.  Based on where I am feeling the pain I think it might be my LCL (lateral colateral ligament) that is hurting.  But I'm not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment