8/10/13

Call the Wonder Pets - I'm not cut out for this!

It was rather relaxing today.  I got to sleep in til 7, which never happens!  I got up with the girls and we ate breakfast while Kaitlin headed to the gym to workout.  When she got home she decided to hop on the treadmill for a bit, so I went outside with the girls.

We spent time watering the grass, raking up all the crap that falls off our trees, and attempting to save baby birds.  Apparently today was the day mom and dad bird were kicking the babies out of the nest.  They weren't doing so well with it.  The first to fall out was battered about severely by the cat and dragged off in its mouth.  After chasing the cat all over creation, we managed to free the baby bird from its clutches, but now what?  It will most likely die if we just leave it, and trying to take care of it until it can fly on its own was not really a good option.  And if we return it to the nest, it's chances are still not good.  Nevertheless, we opted to return it to the nest and hope for the best.  So I climbed on up the tree and placed it back in the nest.  I don't know how it did.  I have not been able to spot it up there, so its either resting, or maybe dead.

This baby bird had a sibling though.  And it's turn to plummet to near certain death came later in the day.  After taking a nice nap midday, I decided to wander outside and see how the birds were doing.  I was able to witness the second baby bird making a go at it.  It ventured from the nest out onto the branches, but it wasn't long until it came flapping down and thudded to the ground. It seemed uninjured though, and this time I determined that its best bet was for us to just not touch it.  It made attempts to fly back up the tree and even was able to grasp the bark and hang on for a while before falling back down.  It rested there a while, and I defended it valiantly from my daughters and the neighbor girls who desperately wanted to pick it up.  Eventually it flew off down the street and took shelter in a rose bush a while.  When I checked back on it later, it was gone.  So who knows, maybe the second one made it.

After the baby bird fiasco, I went inside to do my own workout.  The workout from the gym was one I could do at home.

The workout:
50 Hand stand push ups (HSPU) for time.

My time: 11:15
It felt really slow for me, and my head was killing me.  I need to learn to come down slower, so I don't kill my head and neck.  Maybe there's a secret for this.  I don't want to injure myself.

After that I did the Ab Ripper DVD from the P90X workouts.  I only did 16 of each movement instead of the 25 they do in the DVD, and did 10 pushups in between each.  I figured 16 of each was good since it's been so long since I've done it.

Then it was time to shower up and head to work.  Kaitlin made up some venison chili for dinner, so that's going to be great!

Laterz

No comments:

Post a Comment