8/20/13

Someone else's Blood, My Sweat, and No Tears

An interesting workout this morning.

8 min AMRAP
3 strict pullups
10 walking lunges each leg

Rest 2 min

8 min AMRAP
2 wall walks
50 ft farmer carry (I used 45lb plates)

My scores:
First AMRAP: 10 rounds plus the pullups and 2 lunges each leg
Second AMRAP: 9 rounds plus 2 wall walks

Wall walks are a great exercise.  You lay down on your stomach with your feet against the wall.  Then you walk your feet up the wall as you walk your hands underneath to support yourself until you are fully upright with your stomach against the wall.  Work your way up and then back down.  That's 1 rep.  They are hard to do if there are a lot of them, but 2 at a time works great.  I always like the way I feel after doing them.



As I lay down to do my first wall walk I noticed that there were drops of dried blood on the cement right in my face.  For some reason this just got me all pumped up to do these wall walks.  And the blood continued to motivate me throughout the workout.  I added several drops of sweat to the pile, and we were in business.  No tears though.  I have yet to actually cry from a workout.  I've thrown up a couple of times and felt like it many times, but I don't think I've ever actually cried.  I'll have to check with Kaitlin on that one.  There was the time I hurt my back really badly.  That was some serious pain, but I honestly can't remember if I cried from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment