8/13/13

Planter beds part 2

A tough workout this morning:

5 min Airdyne
rest 2 min
5 min burpees

My score: 134 calories / 47 burpees

I was so spent after the airdyne, that I had difficulty pushing very hard on the burpees.  I did't do as well as I would have liked on either.  I was hoping for 150 calories on the airdyne.  I was happy there were no pullups though.  It gives my hand a little time to recover from the tear.

We decided to get the next planter bed done today.  Here's the before shot


Not too impressive.  It's pretty ugly.  We dug it up early while it was still cool out, and then headed back up to the river bed to find some more rocks.  Here is the river bed.  After gathering rocks we went for a little walk up it, since it was dry.


Afterwards we came home and laid in the rocks.  I made sure to employ my child slave labor to get the job done.



And the finished product looks pretty good.  Now we just need to find some plants to go in them.  Because we do not have a rain gutter on our house we put in a row of small river stone along the drip line.  Last time we planted things in this planter the dripping was hard on our new little flowers, so we were hoping this would help with the problem.

Anyways the girls had a great time playing in the rocks and dirt.  Any time there is dirt, sand, or water involved they have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment